Wednesday 9 April 2008

Competetive moment

I wouldn't describe myself as a naturally competetive person, but on my commute home last night I had a definite moment. Downhill from a set of traffic lights I was having to apply a bit of brake as my fixed gear legs were in danger of whirring into a situation of no return when another bike passed me. I can't quite put my finger on what it was about being passed, a situation that never usually bothers me, but something just caused me to make a ridiculously determined effort to catch up with this other rider on the following uphill. Out of my saddle stomping away I just managed to be a wheezing, near puking wreck of a girl right on his back wheel at the next red light. Fortunately I came to my senses and let it go, the rest of the ride home was without incident.

Vikki

No comments: